Depression is the most common mental disorder.
What is depression?
While everyone experiences sadness at times, not everyone has experienced depression. Depression is extreme sadness or despair that lasts more than days. It interferes with the activities of daily life and can cause physical symptoms such as pain, weight loss or gain, sleeping pattern disruptions, or lack of energy.
People with depression may also experience an inability to concentrate, feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt, and recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.
What causes depression?
Depression does not have a single cause. Research suggests that there are many possible causes of depression, including faulty mood regulation by the brain, genetic vulnerability, and stressful life events. It’s believed that several of these forces interact to bring on depression.
How can we reduce depression?
Although there is no one-size-fits-all cure for depression, there are many effective treatment options, one of which is bound to help you heal and reduce depression. In addition to therapy and medication care from a doctor, you also need to be your mental health guardian each day. Here are some easy ways to give yourself daily depression support:
- Monitor your mood each day and make notes of what makes you feel better and what makes you feel worse.
- Keep a regular routine that requires you to get up, get dressed, and have meaningful work or activities.
- Eat a balanced diet, even if you aren’t hungry.
- Get plenty of sleep at night but be aware if you’re sleeping too much, as this may indicate that your depression treatment is not yet adequate.
- Avoid detrimental habits such as cigarette smoking and alcohol use.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices, such as making art, journaling, regular exercise, and meditation practices.
- Binaural beats music therapy could be used as a complementary option. Research shows that binaural beats are good for mental health as it’s linked to encouraging positive feelings.
The “Depression Help” track created by Brainwaves has 30 minutes of the combination of the Delta brain waves and Mid Theta brain waves.
The Delta frequency can encourage deeper stages of sleep and the Mid Theta frequency can help relaxation and mood. As we discovered, by putting these two waves together, they can be a powerful one to heal depression and deliver a positive feeling of hope.
Living with depression can feel overwhelming. That’s why it’s important to seek depression support to help manage your mood and enjoy your life to the fullest.
Finding more brainwave music on our site helps you reduce depression.