We all want to be at our best and achieve mastery in our careers, but what if you could actually train your brain to think smarter, improve memory and enhance focus just by wearing headphones or earbuds with mobile apps to improve brain function?
Binaural beats are when you hear two tones, one in each ear, that are slightly different in frequency, and your brain will then process a “phantom beat” representing the difference between the two frequencies. For a binaural beat to work, the two tones must have frequencies less than 1000 Hz, and the difference between the two tones can’t be more than 30 Hz.
Here’s where the seemingly magical part comes in: Activity in the brain starts to match the frequency of the binaural beat. In the example above, the brain would begin firing at 10 Hz. This process is called brainwave entrainment, and it’s one way people are trying to hack their brain state to achieve a desired mental state. There are already some apps to improve brain function, and our product Brainwaves is one of the websites and apps to improve brain function greatly.
Can Binaural Beats Make You Smarter?
In one study, brainwave entrainment usage was shown to:
- Produce average IQ increases of 23 percent.
- Facilitate an average IQ increase of 33 points in cases where the IQ was lower than 100 to begin with.
- Assist significant improvements in memory, reading and arithmetic.
Oftentimes at work, we can find ourselves in stressful situations that can cause difficulty in focus and concentration. A recent study has proven that using binaural beats before a stressful event like surgery can reduce the stress up to 33 percent.
Do Gamma Brain Waves Improve Memory & Concentration?
The highest frequency brain waves are apparently called gamma waves. These waves can have a frequency of anywhere between 25 and 100 Hz.
Gamma brain waves are associated with high levels of thought and focus. They can have different effects depending on their levels in your brain:
- If your brain produces high levels of gamma waves, you tend to be happier and more receptive. You may also have a higher intelligence quotient or IQ and better concentration.
- If your brain produces low levels of gamma waves, you may develop learning and memory problems. You may experience lower concentration, attention span, and mental ability. Lower levels of gamma waves can even lead to learning disabilities and mental disorders.
Benefits of Gamma Brain Waves
Gamma waves are associated with higher brain functions like cognition and memory. A recent study has shown that gamma waves can improve your working memory.
Studies have also revealed that increased gamma brain wave activity can help you achieve the highest concentration levels. Gamma waves can also promote higher states of awareness and increased brain function during meditation.
Gamma waves have the following benefits:
- Improve your cognition and problem-solving ability
- Help you with information processing
- Improve your memory
- Help increase your attention span
- Increase your awareness and mindfulness
- Boost your brain’s immunity and function
Because of these effects, researchers have indicated the use of gamma brain waves to treat the following conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Mild traumatic brain injury
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD
- Mood disorders like depression
Gamma brain waves can be included in some audio or sound apps to improve brain function efficiently. Make good advantage of these apps to improve brain function, such as memory, focus, etc.